I couldn’t help but be amused and terrified, in equal measure, by MicroDirect’s latest offering.
It seems this desktop PC is so utterly dangerous, that they give you fair warning and called it…..
Maybe it’s got loose cables….
Or your could get sucked into that bright red fan on the front. Perhaps that’s the reason it’s red! To hide to blood.
Actually, to get to the point, which idiot gets the job to name this stuff. I mean “Widowmaker”, that’s usually a term given things retrospectively and usually in a derogatory way.
Lets face it, the list of “things” that are attributed that title are not something to be proud of. I mean, here’s the list, helpfully provided by Wikipedia;
- B-26 Marauder, medium bomber – A difficult to fly aircraft was even trickier to land. Too fast, crash. Too slow, stall.
- F-104 Starfighter, interceptor aircraft – Had a terrible safety record, no wonder they had to bribe Germany to take them.
- McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II, V/STOL ground-attack aircraft – Not dangerous or unreliable, just very hard to fly.
- Suzuki_TL1000R Suzuki TL 1000 motorbike – Cheap and very fast and unstable. Great combination for killing the rider.
- K-141 Kursk Submarine – Two explosions led to the loss of the vessel. Although it seems likely that survivors could have been rescued in the hours after the accident and that Russia’s isolationist actions resulted in the deaths of at least 28 crew members. A double tragedy.
None of which remind me of a stupid computer that some dumb ass decided to give a sinister name. MORON!